WHY ALL THE CHANGES
Well first off, I am WOMEN so I can change my mind faster than most men can take off their clothes. It's a right that I proudly claim.
I started this business 7 years ago with ZIPPO knowledge about running a business, ZIPPO knowledge about marketing, ZIPPO knowledge about...basically I knew how to make soap. That was it!
So over the last 7 years, I put together products, ideas, campaigns and made charitable donations based on whatever popped in front of me.
WHAT'S MY PURPOSE IN LIFE
I personally, floundered for decades wondering what my specific purpose is in life and whether God was pleased with my efforts. I know my purpose is to serve God because...because the Bible tells me so. (Did you hear the song?) But how? Who? Where? My service seemed so fruitless.
IT ALL CAME TOGETHER
In April of 2018 I started a very intensive -comprehensive 12 week course, Brick House Branding, taught by Lucky Break Consultant, Lela Barker. The course was was not only educational, but required soul searching and digging deep for truths. It was hard mental work and sometimes depressing. But during this time, my purpose became very clear.
Still I worried if I could do it. It was frightening and intimating to think about. However, this scripture continued to appear before me in different situations.
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
I was vending at a craft show and was approached by the owner of "HIS WORDS YOUR WALLS. We talked about building a business around God's purpose in your life. Later he gifted me with the following piece of wood which sits on my mantle today. It was another confirmation from God that I was on the right track.
With a 4 inch binder of course work which included mood boards, adjectives and objectives, I started the actual work of designing a business with a focus and a mission. I took my ideas to a design company comprised of ....WOMEN! (Willoughby in Kansas City, Mo) These women picked my brain for HOURS!
HERE IS WHERE IT STARTED
HERE IS WHERE IT WENT
All of the above designs came with attached product labels and soapboxes.
Of course, you know the winner. But can you tell the 8 changes we made to the selected one. (I love these type of puzzles.)
CHARITIES WE SERVE
- Madonna House, Catholic Charities, Tulsa, OK ---a residential program that assist pregnant women over the age of 18 and their newborn children.
- Day Springs Villa, Sands Springs, OK --a certified shelter for women suffering under domestic violence or human sex trafficking.
- Futures Without Violence, National -- a non-profit organization with the goal of ending domestic and sexual violence. Futures Without Violence is involved in community-based programs, developing educational materials, and in public policy work.
I've had a lot of help along the way. I especially want to point out certain major contributors.
- God, of course!
- My daughter, Charlotte Gradwohl for photography. (Can you believe, she is not a professional photographer?.) Also for her talent and skill with all things style and design.
- Friends, Vickie Hookham and Cat Crall for many hours spent working on the words of wisdom and affirmations connected to the product fragrance names. These women are my spiritual warriors!
- Future son in law, Kyle Cowan who is a whiz at adobe illustrator!!!
- Last not least, my hubby, Randy for offering me his all around wisdom and good judgement. He's my rock.